What do the best sales people do in a down market?
October 13, 2009
- Don’t make the same mistake twice
- Do discovery everyday prior to contacting prospects. They look for the companies that want to solve internal and external problems with innovative ideas
- They go the extra mile by making more calls not less, doing more networking both in person and via social media
- They totally focus on the customer or prospect and investigate how they can solve that persons problems
- Provide the prospect with the solution that does not include lowering price
- Know about all the advantages of the product and the disadvantages of competitors. They develop in advance precise and concise descriptions of those advantages for every situation that could come up.
- Exercise daily and begin the day with positive energy – never let themselves get down
- Consistently have a valued pipeline
- Consistently close business
- Consistently make or exceed quota